Skillful communication and compassionate exchange as an expression of our intrinsic sanity.
An introduction to the fundamentals of Karuna Training and the foundations of Contemplative Psychology.
These workshos consisting of an open evening talk and a day provide an experiential introduction to the Karuna Training modalities so you can get a sense of what it is like to be in the Karuna Training programme. It also a stand-alone introduction for those who want to explore Contemplative Psychology.
Karuna Training is an extended training programme in Contemplative Psychology that teaches us how to heal ourselves and work skillfully with others through the innate potency of the heart. The program joins deep study of Tibetan vajrayana Buddhist principles with contemplative practice, skills development, and ongoing group interaction and community support. It is a journey of discovering one’s own brilliant sanity and of learning how to exchange ourselves for others so that we can transform everyday life challenges into opportunities for openness and wisdom.
Introduction to Contemplative Psycholgoy – Learning Objectives
- Introduction and basic understanding of the basic notions of Contemplative Psychology and its methods
- Introduction to mindfulness-awareness practice in the context of working with oneself and how it applies to
working with others.
- Introduction to one of the methods and exploring it together
The Introductions usually have a certain theme that we will focus on:
- The healing power of mindfulness
- Mindfulness and compassion in working with others
- Working with emotion from the perspective of contemplative psychology
- The healing power of mindfulness: Self-care and compassion in working with others
- Mindful communication – learning to listen and speak from the heart
- How to be a help instead a nuisance
After taking an Introduction to Contemplative Psychology, if you wish to continue studying and practicing, you can sign-up for the full two year Karuna Training.
For more information, please send us an email ( email@example.com ) with your address.